Every step forward is not without its own share of joy’s and sorrow’s. With the journey of the trust, there are few milestones worth mentioning.
Sahana Charitable Trust For The Disabled (R) originating in 2001, has grown leaps and bounds from his humble beginnings.
With the initial operations of Braille script transcriptions to the current set-up of providing free girl’s hostel for college going visually challenged students, the trust have moved from strength to strength and would like to continue with the same effort towards the future.
- Official registration of Sahana Charitable Trust For The Disabled (R) in 2003.
- Establishment of divisional office in Dharwad, Karnataka in Aug, 2009 for Braille transcription centre with the current strength of 8 staff members.
- Establishment of divisional office in Mysore, Karnataka in June, 2010 for Braille transcription centre with the current strength of 4 staff members.
- Opening of Free Girl’s hostel for visually challenged college going students in Bangalore, Karnataka in June, 2010.
- Opening of Free Boy’s hostel for visually challenged college going students in Mysore, Karnataka in December, 2015.
- Establishment of Braille Library at Dharwad branch office in June 2015
Sahana Charitable Trust For The Disabled (R) aims at extending the current set-up and providing more support to the visually challenged in every possible means and helping them create a future on their own.
Some of the future activities in which the trust would be acitively part of are:
- Inclusive education along with hostel facilities for young visually challenged students with economically poor background.
- Opening of hostel facilities at branch locations of Dharwad and Mysore.
- Creation of hostel for orphaned children and help them get basic education and better standard of living.